Surf Life Saving WA is looking for candidates who are keen to fill the frontline lifeguard services across Western Australia. If you have what it takes to face a range of hazards and assist in all types of situations including challenging rescues, emergency situations involving both adults and children and using preventative measures to ensure the safest and most enjoyable time is had while at the beach then please see our jobs page for further information.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
To be part of our industry leading world-class organisation, our lifeguards must be 18 years or over and demonstrate high levels of fitness, excellent rescue and people skills, and hold the following qualifications:
- Surf Life Saving Bronze Medallion/Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID007 – Provide Advanced Resuscitation Techniques
- PUAEME004A – Provide Emergency Care for Suspected Spinal Injury (Spinal Management or equivalent)
- Silver Medallion Basic Beach Management (including components PUATAE002B, PUAOPE027A, BSBFLM312C)
- Current Motor Car Drivers Licence (Provisional or higher)
The fitness assessment involves a 400m swim, 800m run, 400m rescue board paddle and 800m run at the beach – in under 25 minutes. Additionally, there is a 400m pool swim (completed in a pool no smaller than 25m in length) in 7.30 minutes or under, and a surf scenario involving a rescue board and rescue tube.